A simple extension to Dropbox Uploader that provides a convenient method to share your Dropbox files with one click!
- Download and install Dropbox Uploader (or this fork). Follow instructions in your terminal.
git clone email@example.com:mDfRg/Thunar-Dropbox-Uploader-plugin.git, cd and then run
- Move Dropbox-Uploader to your desired path (for example /opt/Dropbox-Uploader/)
plugins/thunar/install.shscript (chmod +x install.sh and thunar-dropbox.sh if necessary) & restart thunar
- This plugin works if you have your Dropbox folder located in standard path ($HOME/Dropbox). If not, create a symlink (ln -s).
How to use
1. In order to get a link, right click on a file and choose “Dropbox: share link” option.
2. You should see a notify-send popup with information about ready-to-share link.
3. Your link has been copied to your clipboard!
NB: it takes about one-two seconds to generate the link, so don’t immediately try to paste the link!
Tested on Xubuntu 15.10 with Thunar 1.6.6
- Dropbox Uploader
- you can select one file / directory at the same time
- for some unknown reason Dropbox-Uploader sometimes gives “FAILED” result instead of a link. This is not a script specific issue and in such scenario, simply try again.
About Dropbox Uploader
Dropbox Uploader is a BASH script which can be used to upload, download, delete, list files (and more!) from Dropbox, an online file sharing, synchronization and backup service.
It’s written in BASH scripting language and only needs cURL.
Why use this script?
- Portable: It’s written in BASH scripting and only needs cURL (curl is a tool to transfer data from or to a server, available for all operating systems and installed by default in many linux distributions).
- Secure: It’s not required to provide your username/password to this script, because it uses the official Dropbox API for the authentication process.
Please refer to the <Wiki>(https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader/wiki) for tips and additional information about this project. The Wiki is also the place where you can share your scripts and examples related to Dropbox Uploader.
- Cross platform
- Support for the official Dropbox API
- No password required or stored
- Simple step-by-step configuration wizard
- Simple and chunked file upload
- File and recursive directory download
- File and recursive directory upload
- Shell wildcard expansion (only for upload)
- Delete/Move/Rename/Copy/List files
- Create share link